Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Authors and writers plan, research and write books, scripts, storyboards, plays, essays, speeches, manuals, specifications and other non-journalistic articles for publication or presentation. They are employed by advertising agencies, governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, multimedia/new-media companies and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
advertising copywriter, copywriter, essayist, interactive media writer, novelist, playwright, poet, scientific writer, script writer, specifications writer, speech writer, technical writer, writer.
- Novelists, playwrights, script writers, poets and other creative writers conceive and write novels, plays, scripts, poetry and other material for publication or presentation and may conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information.
- Technical writers analyze material, such as specifications, notes and drawings, and write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of software and electronic, mechanical and other equipment.
- Copywriters study and determine selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials.
Authors and writers may specialize in a particular subject or type of writing.
Outlook & Prospects for Authors and Writers in Laurentides Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laurentides Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-02|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laurentides region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- The Mont Alta ski resort in Val-David is set to re-open soon after having closed for the 2012¿2013 season (available in French only)
- Kiamika regional park was recently opened in the Rivière-Rouge area. This new park led to the creation of six new jobs and an investment of $3.5M is expected over the five coming years. (available in French only)
- Cinémas Guzzo will invest $18M in the construction of a motion picture theatre in Sainte-Thérèse, which will replace the current establishment. The new theatre will have 10 rooms and 2 IMAX rooms. It is due to open in December 2014. (available in French only)
- The Mont-Tremblant Casino is cutting back its operations. Thirty-five of the casino's 150 employees will be laid off by April 2013. The other employees will be given reduced hours. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: