Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
CAD/CAM programmer, industrial engineering technician, industrial engineering technologist, loss prevention technologist, manufacturing technician, manufacturing technologist, planning technician, plastics manufacturing technician, pulp and paper manufacturing technologist, quality assurance technologist, scheduling technician – manufacturing, textile technologist, time study analyst.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians in Laurentides Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laurentides Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-10-31|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laurentides region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- La Sapinière hotel, based in Val-David, closed its doors after going bankrupt, leading to approximately 40 employees being laid off (available in French only)
- After having invested close to $3M, Saint-Jérôme-based residence, Au Coeur de la Vie Inc., doubled its accommodation capacity which is now 30 rooms. The institution employs approximately 15 persons. (available in French only)
- The new supermarket, Provigo Le Marché, opened its doors in Saint-Sauveur. The former Loblaws supermarket was converted under the new banner. This project enabled close to 60 new jobs to be created. The supermarket now has 165 employees. (available in French only)
- Saint-J¿r¿me-based Lion Buses will be working with various partners to develop an electric school bus. This project will require an investment of over $1M. The first prototype will be ready in spring 2014. (available in French only)
- The Mont Alta ski resort in Val-David is set to re-open soon after having closed for the 2012¿2013 season (available in French only)
- Construction of a 900-seat performance hall will soon begin in Saint-J¿r¿me, which represents a $21M investment. Work should begin in early 2014 and the opening is scheduled for 2016. (available in French only)
- Maerix, a company that specializes in the design of health management, security and environment software, will move into new and much more spacious facilities in Piedmont. This relocation will allow the company to create 5 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Transport Qu¿bec has announced the rebuilding of the Salette viaduct in Saint-J¿r¿me. This project of nearly $15M will begin in July 2013 and will come to a close at the end of 2014. (available in French only)
- Groupe Gagnon in Sainte-Ad¿le invested $2M to acquire a recycling centre and a warehouse for the recycling of confidential documents in Pr¿vost. The company employs 6 people and the expansion should generate new jobs. (available in French only)
- Construction work of a new $40M commercial and industrial building project under Groupe CIBS will begin in May 2014 near the La Cit¿ de Mirabel project. The first companies should be setting up their shop on site in September 2014. (available in French only)
- Peluche et Aventure childcare centre started works on its Boisbriand institution to add a new wing that will receive 26 more children in January 2014. Four new educator positions will be created. (available in French only)
- The city of Mont-Tremblant announced the construction of an aquatic complex worth more than $12M, starting in summer 2014. This establishment will include, among others, a 50-meter pool with diving boards, a fitness room and water games. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: