Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
CAD/CAM programmer, industrial engineering technician, industrial engineering technologist, loss prevention technologist, manufacturing technician, manufacturing technologist, planning technician, plastics manufacturing technician, pulp and paper manufacturing technologist, quality assurance technologist, scheduling technician – manufacturing, textile technologist, time study analyst.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians in Laurentides Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laurentides region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- The Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles will invest over $19M in the construction of two elementary schools with 21 classrooms in the Saint-Joseph-du-Lac and Mirabel areas. The schools are scheduled to open in September 2015. (available in French only)
- The Commission scolaire de la Rivière-du-Nord will be investing almost $29M to build two elementary schools in the Saint-Jérôme and Sainte-Sophie areas and to expand two schools in Saint-Jérôme and Mirabel. The schools are scheduled to open in September 2015. (available in French only)
- The Commission scolaire des Laurentides announced an investment of almost $3M to expand the Amherst school in order to add four classrooms (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Construction of Résident Vallée de la Rouge in Huberdeau, an establishment for seniors faced with a loss of independence, has begun recently. This residence of more than $5M will replace the current building and will open by spring 2014. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- In the context of restructuring, restaurant chain Le Commensal has announced the shutdown of 3 of its 8 branches, which includes that of Boisbriand (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Due to the demographic explosion in the Laurentides, the ministère de l'Éducation du Québec has announced an investment of nearly $15M to enlarge and renovate the facilities of the CEGEP de St-Jérôme and increase its capacity (available in French only)
- The CEGEP de St-Jérôme recently opened the Neurones et papilles restaurant, part of the new Gestion d'un établissement de restauration program that will welcome about thirty students after an investment of more than $2.4M (available in French only)
- The Lac Carling resort in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge has announced its closure, causing more than 80 people to lose their jobs (available in French only)
- The municipality of Saint-Colomban has announced the construction of a community centre worth nearly $2M, which will be home to a dozen organizations. The building, which will have a meeting room and an outdoor space for shows, will open in October 2013. (available in French only)
- Le Finlandais spa has announced the start of reconstruction work following a fire in April. The facility in Rosemère, which employs 150 people, will invest $2.5 million to enlarge its installations and will open in August 2013. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: