Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assemble, finish and inspect plastic parts and finished products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies and plastic parts divisions of aircraft or other manufacturing companies.
fibreglass laminator, plastic bottle trimmer, plastic parts assembler, plastic products fabricator, plastic products inspector and tester, plastic tank assembler, plastics assembler, plastics inspector, plastics trimmer, skylight assembler.
- Operate machines or equipment, or use hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents
- Operate spray-gun unit to apply resin mixtures to metal or wooden mould to form plastic products
- Load and operate autoclave oven to cure and bond plastic parts and subassemblies
- Operate finishing equipment to trim, grind or buff plastic products into final form.
- Inspect manufactured plastic products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved plastic products and mark and reroute defective products for repair or recycle
- Prepare reports on products inspected
- Make minor adjustments and repairs to products.
Outlook & Prospects for Plastic Products Assemblers, Finishers and Inspectors in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-26|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudiere region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- The Quebec government has announced 1,469 new day care spaces for the Lanaudière region. Twenty-nine day care centres will progressively offer these spaces between 2014 and 2016, resulting in the creation of 259 new jobs. (available in French only)
- TD Canada Trust bank group has just opened a new branch in Terrebonne, and a dozen new jobs have been created. A second branch will be opening in Terrebonne in May 2014. (available in French only)
- The Laval company Pâtisserie St-Martin has just opened a new establishment in Mascouche. The opening of this third establishment will result in the creation of some 20 new jobs. (available in French only)
- The Mangiamo restaurant in Terrebonne will be doing interior renovations and adding 40 new seats. The establishment will close temporarily in March 2014. The business also intends to hire additional staff. (available in French only)
- 45°Nord, an obstacle course and events site, will be opening in Saint-Calixte in May 2014. This $1.2M project includes 3 million square feet of land, a clubhouse and a huge parking lot. (available in French only)
- Following the announced bankruptcy of the Scores Restaurant in Joliette last January, the business has come under new management and has announced its plans to reopen soon (available in French only)
- The City of Repentigny will invest over $2.3M in building a public transit lane and renovating its roadway infrastructure. The lane will be developed on Notre-Dame Street in the City's west end. (available in French only)
- The Société des établissements de plein air du Québec (SÉPAQ) is investing $3.4M in infrastructure at the Mont-Tremblant National Park and two wildlife reserves in the Laurentian region, leading to the creation of 20 jobs (available in French only)
- A new IGA Extra supermarket outlet recently opened in the west end of Terrebonne. This new store represents an investment of $9 M and has created 115 new jobs. (available in French only)
- The Devolutions computer company in Lavaltrie plans to expand in the next few years and triple its staff size within 5 years. It currently employs 15 people. (available in French only)
- The Samares school board will invest more than $4.8M to improve ventilation and renovate the roofing and windows of 31 schools in the northern Lanaudière region (available in French only)
- Construction of phase 3 of the La Pinière industrial condominiums in Terrebonne, which includes two buildings and the first will be ready in April 2014. New businesses will be moving in, including a butcher shop, a beauty salon and a photography studio. (available in French only)
- A new business sector is under construction in Terrebonne. This $35M project will bring in several businesses, including restaurants, grocery stores, banks and a daycare centre. An estimated 300 jobs will ultimately be created. (available in French only)
- A new 18-condominium industrial building is under construction in Terrebonne. This project will be home to a dozen businesses from February 2014 onward. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: