Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Inspectors and testers in this unit group inspect, grade, sample or test raw materials and products from mineral ore and metal processing operations. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
asbestos grader, brick and tile inspector, casting inspector, clay products grader, fibreglass tester, glass inspector, heat treating inspector, metal processing inspector, mineral sampler, molten metal sampler, sheet steel inspector, steel sheet inspector, steel tester.
- Inspect mineral ore, metal, cement, glass, clay or concrete products at various stages of processing to ensure adherence to specifications
- Grade and label raw materials or finished products according to size, thickness, composition or other classification standards
- Take samples of products during or after processing operation for routine analysis or for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Test product for strength, density, durability and conformity to specification
- Advise supervisor or process and machine operators of problems and product deficiencies
- Complete inspection and test reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Inspectors and Testers, Mineral and Metal Processing in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Target store chain is currently in a hiring period for its future establishment in the Joliette region with an opening scheduled for fall 2013 (available in French only)
- Construction of a new child psychiatry pavilion at the Centre hospitalier régional du Nord de Lanaudière in Saint-Charles-Borromée will begin in May. This constitutes a $4.5M investment. Its opening is scheduled for January 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Pavillon Desrosiers-Langlois, located near hospital Pierre Le Gardeur in Terrebonne, will offer services to children, young people and families. It will open its doors next May following a $4.5M investment. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Le Grand Manoir, a seniors home in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, will be investing over $4M starting in March 2014 to expand its facilities by adding another 40 or so units. New positions will be created on top of the 45 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The new IGA Crevier grocery store in Terrebonne opened on April 17. The store required a $10M investment; 50 new jobs will be added to the 70 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The Repentigny arena is being renovated thanks to an investment of over $7M. Benches and new lighting will be installed and the exterior of the building will be redone. A goalkeepers school, restaurants and a gym will be part of the facility. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Québec government has announced investments of $159M for road infrastructures of the Lanaudière region in the next couple of years, which will be divided among 104 roadworks zones (available in French only)
- Date Modified: