Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and gas well drillers and well servicers control the operation of drilling and hoisting equipment on drilling and service rigs, and direct the activities of the rig crew under supervision of the rig manager. Oil and gas well loggers, testers and related workers operate specialized mechanical or electronic equipment, tools or instruments to provide services in conjunction with well drilling, completion or servicing. Workers in this unit group are employed by drilling and well service contractors, petroleum producing companies and well logging or testing companies.
assistant driller – oil and gas well drilling, directional drilling operator, downhole tool operator, drill stem tester, driller – oil and gas drilling, electric line operator, logging and perforating operator, service rig operator, slickline operator, well testing operator, wireline operator.
- Direct rig crew in setting up rigs and drilling, completing or servicing oil and gas exploration and producing wells
- Operate controls of drill or service rig drilling and hoisting machinery
- Train or arrange for training of crew
- Maintain records of drilling and servicing operations.
- Drive well service or wireline truck to well site
- Assemble and attach equipment, tools or recorders to drill stem or wireline to conduct required procedures and tests
- Operate or direct the operation of wireline or unit controls to lower, position and retrieve equipment and instruments
- Operate recorders and computers in mobile testing or logging unit to collect data
- May perform limited data interpretation.
Outlook & Prospects for Oil and Gas Well Drillers, Servicers, Testers and Related Workers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 05 - Nov 09, 2012
- Sintra will begin operation of a new quarry in 2013 at Cherstey, creating new jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: