Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Delivery and courier drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
bread deliverer, canteen driver, courier service driver, delivery driver, driver salesperson, dry cleaning driver, mail service courier, newspaper delivery driver, pizza delivery driver, route driver, vending machine driver-supplier.
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as fast food, newspapers, magazines, bakery and dairy products, and items such as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages and parcels
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Sell products over established routes and accept or make payments for goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- May communicate with central dispatch using cellular telephone or citizens' band (CB) radio.
Outlook & Prospects for Delivery and Courier Service Drivers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The A&W fast food chain has begun construction of a new store in Berthierville. The new establishment will require an investment of $2.4M and will create 30 new jobs when it opens in June 2013. (available in French only)
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- The new owners of "l'Auberge sur la Falaise", which had closed in 2010, have invested $1.5M to re-open the establishment and create 40 jobs in Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez (available in French only)
Week of Sep 24 – Sep 28, 2012
- Construction of a new pavilion at the Village des Jeunes in Saint-Côme. (available in French only)
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
- The Brougeois Burger in Terrebonne has closed (available in French only)
- Date Modified: