Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Glaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
glazier, glazier and metal mechanic, glazier apprentice, plate glass installer, stained glass glazier, structural glass glazier.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters or computerized cutter
- Tint glass and create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting or painting designs
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or exteriors of building
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass panels in frames to form exterior walls of buildings
- Replace glass in furniture and other products
- Prepare and install skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained or other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments
- Repair and service residential windows, commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- May prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Target store chain is currently in a hiring period for its future establishment in the Joliette region with an opening scheduled for fall 2013 (available in French only)
- Construction of a new child psychiatry pavilion at the Centre hospitalier régional du Nord de Lanaudière in Saint-Charles-Borromée will begin in May. This constitutes a $4.5M investment. Its opening is scheduled for January 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Pavillon Desrosiers-Langlois, located near hospital Pierre Le Gardeur in Terrebonne, will offer services to children, young people and families. It will open its doors next May following a $4.5M investment. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Le Grand Manoir, a seniors home in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, will be investing over $4M starting in March 2014 to expand its facilities by adding another 40 or so units. New positions will be created on top of the 45 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The new IGA Crevier grocery store in Terrebonne opened on April 17. The store required a $10M investment; 50 new jobs will be added to the 70 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The Repentigny arena is being renovated thanks to an investment of over $7M. Benches and new lighting will be installed and the exterior of the building will be redone. A goalkeepers school, restaurants and a gym will be part of the facility. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Québec government has announced investments of $159M for road infrastructures of the Lanaudière region in the next couple of years, which will be divided among 104 roadworks zones (available in French only)
- Date Modified: