Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Roofers install, repair or replace flat roofs and shingles, shakes or other roofing tiles on sloped roofs. Shinglers install and replace shingles, tiles and similar coverings on sloped roofs. They are employed by roofing and general contractors, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice roofer, asphalt roofer, built-up roofer, flat roofer, residential steep roofer, roofer, shingler, single-ply roofer.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
Outlook & Prospects for Roofers and Shinglers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Québec government has announced investments of $159M for road infrastructures of the Lanaudière region in the next couple of years, which will be divided among 104 roadworks zones (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Corporation du Théâtre du Marais de Val-Morin has announced the upcoming construction of a new establishment that will replace the current theater. This $4.2M project will begin this fall and is scheduled to open in one year. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Habitations Trigone has announced an investment of $30M for the construction of "Le Notre Dame" building project, which will house 150 condos in Repentigny (available in French only)
- Construction of an activities centre intended for people over the age of 55, Cité Géréraction 55+, has recently begun in Terrebonne and requires a $10M investment. Its grand opening is scheduled for October 2013. (available in French only)
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- The municipality of Repentigny has invested more than $2M in the construction of a new outdoor pool and clubhouse (available in French only)
- Date Modified: