Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods, and prepare batters for muffins, cookies, cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Target store chain is currently in a hiring period for its future establishment in the Joliette region with an opening scheduled for fall 2013 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The new IGA Crevier grocery store in Terrebonne opened on April 17. The store required a $10M investment; 50 new jobs will be added to the 70 existing ones. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The A&W fast food chain has begun construction of a new store in Berthierville. The new establishment will require an investment of $2.4M and will create 30 new jobs when it opens in June 2013. (available in French only)
- A new IGA Extra supermarket recently opened in Saint-Sauveur following an investment of $6M. The arrival of this new business has created over 100 jobs. (available in French only)
- A new IGA Extra supermarket will be opening in mid-April in Galeries Laval in Laval. Construction cost $12M. This investment will create 160 new jobs, approximately one-third of which will be full time. (available in French only)
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- An expansion at the Pinard Ford dealership in Sainte-Julienne will triple the area of its facilities (available in French only)
- Date Modified: