Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods, and prepare batters for muffins, cookies, cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- A new Jean Coutu pharmacy has opened in Terrebonne. This establishment's construction has required a $1.35M investment and led to the creation of 30 new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The construction of a 65-room hotel, the M-Hôtel Mirabel, will soon begin in Mirabel. An investment of $10M will be required to complete it and will allow for the creation of 65 new jobs. The hotel is expected to open by the end of 2013. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new Saint-Hubert Xpress branch at a cost of $4.5M has begun in Repentigny and should lead to the creation of 65 new jobs. Its opening is scheduled for September 2013. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Métro Marquis supermarket in Repentigny has announced that construction will begin in June on a new branch in L'Assomption, requiring an investment of $25M. Approximately 100 positions will be created when it opens in 2014. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The fast food chain A&W has started work on its new location in Notre-Dame-des-Prairies. This new establishment will require an investment of over $2M and will create 40 new jobs when it opens in September 2013. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: