Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Early childhood educators plan and organize activities for preschool and school-age children. Early childhood educator assistants provide care and guidance to preschool children under the supervision of early childhood educators. Early childhood educators and assistants lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth. They are employed in child-care centres, kindergartens, nursery schools, agencies for exceptional children, and other environments where early childhood education services are provided, or they may be self-employed. Early childhood educators who are supervisors are included in this group.
child-care worker assistant, child-care worker, day care, day-care helper, day-care supervisor, day-care worker, early childhood assistant, early childhood education worker, early childhood educator, early childhood educator assistant, early childhood program staff assistant, early childhood supervisor, preschool helper, preschool supervisor, preschool teacher.
- Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of children
- Lead children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use, providing opportunities for creative expression through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking the children to local points of interest
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems and take appropriate action
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children
- Discuss progress or problems of children with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other community service providers working with children
- Attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods
- May plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Lead children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing craft materials
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Arrange rooms and furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Submit written observations on children to supervisor
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Assist supervisor in keeping records
- Maintain day-care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Early Childhood Educators and Assistants in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2013-01-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- With a $121.7M investment, the Centre femme-jeunesse-famille, a new wing of the Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Sherbrooke, will be built in Sherbrooke in 2015 and open in 2017 (available in French only)
- Construction of a new child psychiatry pavilion at the Centre hospitalier régional du Nord de Lanaudière in Saint-Charles-Borromée will begin in May. This constitutes a $4.5M investment. Its opening is scheduled for January 2014. (available in French only)
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest close to $53M in Saint-Jérôme for the construction of a new home-care centre in long-term care for people faced with a loss of independence. Construction will begin in 2015 and the opening is scheduled for 2017. (available in French only)
- The gouvernement du Québec will invest $92M in the construction of a new mental health care pavilion located at the Hôpital régional de Saint-Jérôme. Construction work will begin in 2015 and end in 2018. (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Rouyn-Noranda is looking for 15 nurses and 5 licensed practical nurses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A new hospital will be built in Baie-Saint-Paul at a cost of $376M. Construction will begin in 2015. The new establishment should be in business at the end of 2018. (available in French only)
- Pavillon Desrosiers-Langlois, located near hospital Pierre Le Gardeur in Terrebonne, will offer services to children, young people and families. It will open its doors next May following a $4.5M investment. (available in French only)
- On April 22, the Maison de la Santé Optimale will open its doors in Rouyn-Noranda and the team will consist of 12 health professionals (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Humani, a private medical clinic offering family medicine services, recently opened in Rosemere. Construction had started in 2012. The facility has hired over 20 people and its offerings include a variety of specialized services. (available in French only)
- Le Grand Manoir, a seniors home in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, will be investing over $4M starting in March 2014 to expand its facilities by adding another 40 or so units. New positions will be created on top of the 45 existing ones. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The centre d'hébergement du Roseau in Victoriaville invests $4.8M to expand and focus its food production in a single kitchen (available in French only)
- Built at a cost of $29M, the Centre de santé communautaire Miyupimaatisiiun of Mistissini has been inaugurated (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux (CSSS) of Haute-Gaspésie wishes to recruit staff in nursing care (available in French only)
- Date Modified: