Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Internet site designer, Internet site developer, Intranet site designer, Web designer, Web developer, Web manager, Web site developer, Webmaster, e-business Web site developer, e-commerce Web site developer.
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
Outlook & Prospects for Web Designers and Developers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-14|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- Terrebonne-based Groupe Consertek LM, specializing in telecommunications networks, will be setting up a network of 8 towers that collect meteorological data in Saguenay. This project, worth more than $700,000, will enable 8 new jobs to be created. (available in French only)
- Mobilock, a Terrebonne company developing an electronic lock intended for electronic monitoring on construction sites, has been granted an aid from the Gouvernement du Québec to achieve this project. Four jobs will be created for the short term. (available in French only)
- The Hôpital Vétérinaire des Prairies invested in the construction of a new building that will triple the size of the establishment in Notre-Dame-des-Prairies (available in French only)
- New funding agreement for the CIEL in Lanaudière (available in French only)
- Date Modified: