Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Clerks in this unit group write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication and perform other related clerical duties. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
advertising clerk, classified advertising clerk, correspondence clerk, directory compiler, editorial assistant, press clipper, proofreader, publication clerk, reader, translation clerk.
- Classified advertising clerks receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising rates and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Editorial assistants and publication clerks assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication; proofread material; verify facts and conduct research.
- Proofreaders read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors within tight deadlines.
- Readers and press clippers read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Correspondence, Publication and Related Clerks in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-13|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Target store chain is currently in a hiring period for its future establishment in the Joliette region with an opening scheduled for fall 2013 (available in French only)
- Construction of a new child psychiatry pavilion at the Centre hospitalier régional du Nord de Lanaudière in Saint-Charles-Borromée will begin in May. This constitutes a $4.5M investment. Its opening is scheduled for January 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Pavillon Desrosiers-Langlois, located near hospital Pierre Le Gardeur in Terrebonne, will offer services to children, young people and families. It will open its doors next May following a $4.5M investment. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Le Grand Manoir, a seniors home in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, will be investing over $4M starting in March 2014 to expand its facilities by adding another 40 or so units. New positions will be created on top of the 45 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The new IGA Crevier grocery store in Terrebonne opened on April 17. The store required a $10M investment; 50 new jobs will be added to the 70 existing ones. (available in French only)
- The Repentigny arena is being renovated thanks to an investment of over $7M. Benches and new lighting will be installed and the exterior of the building will be redone. A goalkeepers school, restaurants and a gym will be part of the facility. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Québec government has announced investments of $159M for road infrastructures of the Lanaudière region in the next couple of years, which will be divided among 104 roadworks zones (available in French only)
- Date Modified: