Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate firefighting operations and fire prevention activities in fire departments. Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers are employed by municipal and federal governments and by industrial establishments with firefighting services.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of a municipal fire department, a district fire region or an industrial firefighting service
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate firefighting strategies for fire departments
- Direct the training of personnel in firefighting methods
- Develop and oversee the implementation of fire prevention campaigns
- Represent the fire department in communications with government, the media and the public.
Outlook & Prospects for Fire Chiefs and Senior Firefighting Officers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-13|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Groupe Plein Air Terrebonne (GPAT) has opened its new establishment of Parc de la Rivière in Terrebonne after investing $1.8M in its construction. This project has led to the creation of nearly a dozen new jobs. (available in French only)
- A new show complex, La Grosse Bertha, has just opened in Berthierville. This establishment houses a 140-seat room, a dairy bar and a recording studio. (available in French only)
- A new Jean Coutu pharmacy has opened in Terrebonne. This establishment's construction has required a $1.35M investment and led to the creation of 30 new jobs. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The Bank of Montreal has officially opened a new branch in Terrebonne in the Lachenaie sector, following an investment of more than $1M to build it. This investment will create about a dozen jobs. (available in French only)
- The construction of a 65-room hotel, the M-Hôtel Mirabel, will soon begin in Mirabel. An investment of $10M will be required to complete it and will allow for the creation of 65 new jobs. The hotel is expected to open by the end of 2013. (available in French only)
- Educational daycare les Savants Lionceaux, which can welcome 80 children, will open its doors in Rawdon in the summer of 2013. The non-unionized, private establishment is currently seeking staff. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new Saint-Hubert Xpress branch at a cost of $4.5M has begun in Repentigny and should lead to the creation of 65 new jobs. Its opening is scheduled for September 2013. (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Government of Québec has announced investments of over $59M in education in Lanaudière to build three new schools in Terrebonne, Repentigny and Saint-Thomas, and to enlarge eight others (available in French only)
- A new daycare centre with 47 places will open in St-Côme in Fall 2013, after construction worth nearly $1M starts in June 2013. This new facility will create 11 new jobs. (available in French only)
- The Métro Marquis supermarket in Repentigny has announced that construction will begin in June on a new branch in L'Assomption, requiring an investment of $25M. Approximately 100 positions will be created when it opens in 2014. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The fast food chain A&W has started work on its new location in Notre-Dame-des-Prairies. This new establishment will require an investment of over $2M and will create 40 new jobs when it opens in September 2013. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new primary school with 14 classes in Saint-Paul will start in the fall. Over $7M will be invested and it is expected to open in September 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: