Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate firefighting operations and fire prevention activities in fire departments. Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers are employed by municipal and federal governments and by industrial establishments with firefighting services.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of a municipal fire department, a district fire region or an industrial firefighting service
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate firefighting strategies for fire departments
- Direct the training of personnel in firefighting methods
- Develop and oversee the implementation of fire prevention campaigns
- Represent the fire department in communications with government, the media and the public.
Wages for Fire Chiefs and Senior Firefighting Officers in Lanaudière Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: