Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accommodation service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an accommodation establishment or of a department within such an establishment. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, student residences and other accommodation establishments, or they may be self-employed.
assistant manager, hotel, bed and breakfast operator, front desk manager, guest-house operator, hotel director, hotel manager, motel manager, reservations manager, seasonal resort manager, ski resort manager, tourist home operator.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
- Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Resolve customer complaints.
Outlook & Prospects for Accommodation Service Managers in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The construction of a 65-room hotel, the M-Hôtel Mirabel, will soon begin in Mirabel. An investment of $10M will be required to complete it and will allow for the creation of 65 new jobs. The hotel is expected to open by the end of 2013. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new Saint-Hubert Xpress branch at a cost of $4.5M has begun in Repentigny and should lead to the creation of 65 new jobs. Its opening is scheduled for September 2013. (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The fast food chain A&W has started work on its new location in Notre-Dame-des-Prairies. This new establishment will require an investment of over $2M and will create 40 new jobs when it opens in September 2013. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The A&W fast food chain has begun construction of a new store in Berthierville. The new establishment will require an investment of $2.4M and will create 30 new jobs when it opens in June 2013. (available in French only)
- Construction of the Résidence des Prairies in Notre-Dames-des-Prairies will begin in August 2013 with the establishment opening in July 2014. The seniors residence will have 55 units at an investment of over $7.9M. (available in French only)
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- Construction on Square Beauchamps, a new $5M residential condo project in Saint-Charles-Borromée, will begin in February 2013 and will include some retail space to house several businesses (available in French only)
- Date Modified: