Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-07|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The new daycare, La Chenille, will soon be opening its doors in Saint-C¿me. This new facility will create around 10 new jobs (available in French only)
- Private medical clinic, Clinique Le Gardeur, has invested in recent months into the expansion of its facilities in Repentigny, which has allowed the company to create new jobs (available in French only)
- The ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux of the Lanaudière region will be able to hire 27 new family doctors in 2014: 13 positions will be created in the south of the region, 10 in the north, and 4 are already filled. (available in French only)
- The Berthierville retirement home for persons with decreasing independence, Villa et Pavillion Berthier, is investing $5 million to expand and add 50 new housing units. This expansion will enable 25 new jobs to be created in summer 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: