Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Construction of a new child psychiatry pavilion at the Centre hospitalier régional du Nord de Lanaudière in Saint-Charles-Borromée will begin in May. This constitutes a $4.5M investment. Its opening is scheduled for January 2014. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Pavillon Desrosiers-Langlois, located near hospital Pierre Le Gardeur in Terrebonne, will offer services to children, young people and families. It will open its doors next May following a $4.5M investment. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Le Grand Manoir, a seniors home in Saint-Jean-de-Matha, will be investing over $4M starting in March 2014 to expand its facilities by adding another 40 or so units. New positions will be created on top of the 45 existing ones. (available in French only)
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- A new private daycare is being built in Repentigny. The Château des petits trésors daycare represents an investment of $1.5M and will create 14 new jobs in summer 2013. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: