Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish processing. They are employed in fish processing and packaging plants.
cannery labourer, fish briner, fish plant labourer, fish salter, fish weigher, shellfish labourer, shellfish packer.
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
Wages for Labourers in Fish Processing in Montréal Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||10.65||11.69||13.78||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||10.00||10.40||14.60||Note|
- Date Modified: