Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assemble, finish and inspect plastic parts and finished products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies and plastic parts divisions of aircraft or other manufacturing companies.
fibreglass laminator, plastic bottle trimmer, plastic parts assembler, plastic products fabricator, plastic products inspector and tester, plastic tank assembler, plastics assembler, plastics inspector, plastics trimmer, skylight assembler.
- Operate machines or equipment, or use hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents
- Operate spray-gun unit to apply resin mixtures to metal or wooden mould to form plastic products
- Load and operate autoclave oven to cure and bond plastic parts and subassemblies
- Operate finishing equipment to trim, grind or buff plastic products into final form.
- Inspect manufactured plastic products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved plastic products and mark and reroute defective products for repair or recycle
- Prepare reports on products inspected
- Make minor adjustments and repairs to products.
Wages for Plastic Products Assemblers, Finishers and Inspectors in Montréal Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: