Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble prefabricated parts to produce household, commercial and industrial appliances and equipment. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test assembled products. Workers who set up and prepare assembly lines for operation are included in this unit group. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
assembler, electrical appliances, circuit breaker assembler, clothes dryer assembler, electric, coffee maker assembler, dishwasher assembler, hair dryer assembler, inspector, electrical appliance assembly, inspector, electrical controls assembly, lawn mower assembler, electric, production assembler, electrical equipment, refrigerator assembler, electric.
- Assemble prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at work benches using screw guns and other hand and power tools
- Assemble small and large household electrical appliances such as coffeemakers, toasters, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Assemble small transformers, small electrical motors and transmissions used in appliances or other electrical products
- Assemble circuit breakers, switches or other electrical control equipment and position and fasten components such as springs, toggles or other parts into assembly casings
- Wind coils and armatures for small electric motors and transformers
- Perform minor repairs to products rejected from production assembly line
- Set up assembly line with materials and supplies required for production, and set up and adjust production tools.
- Check products at different stages of production for visual defects and faulty electrical and mechanical connections, or operate automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Outlook & Prospects for Assemblers and Inspectors, Electrical Appliance, Apparatus and Equipment Manufacturing in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-12-12|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- H¿pital Sainte-Justine in Montr¿al has announced its recruiting campaign in several departments (medical, administrative, as well as psychological and social assistance). Dozens of positions must also be staffed in pediatric critical care. (available in French only)
- Real estate developer Groupe Dargis will convert a former building into condominiums in Montr¿al. A 2-phase project, Project B-Loft involves the construction of 72 housing units by 2015. (available in French only)
- The Qu¿bec government has announced the construction of a building on part of Montr¿al's ¿lot Voyageur. This $246M project will create 200 jobs during its construction and bring approximately 2,500 Revenu Qu¿bec employees together under one roof. (available in French only)
- Luxury retailer Holt Renfrew will be moving into its new location at the Ogilvy store in Montr¿al. This $60M expansion project will begin in fall 2014 and end in late 2017. (available in French only)
- Oil company Suncor Energy has announced a $220M investment in Montr¿al to refine oil from Alberta. This project is part of a major expenditures program, set to begin in 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new residential project is underway in Montr¿al's Pointe-aux-Trembles borough. The Pointe-Est project comprises 438 condo-style housing units and 27 townhomes. (available in French only)
- The provincial government and the Nova Bus company are introducing the Cit¿ Mobile project in Montr¿al. This 3-year pilot project, valued at $12M, will procure three electric buses that use a one-of-a-kind recharging method. (available in French only)
- Yellow Pages Group, a subsidiary of Yellow Media is announcing the elimination of 300 positions in Montr¿al between late 2013 and early 2014. This restructuring will affect the print media division as well as support positions. (available in French only)
- A $14M investment of the Molson Coors brewery in Montr¿al will be invested into its distribution centre. This measure aims to automatize its order picking preparation process. (available in French only)
- Thursdays bistro, located in downtown Montréal, will be reopening in February 2014, following its closure in September 2012. Approximately 100 persons will be hired. (available in French only)
- Food retailer Provigo will be opening a store in downtown Montréal, in the new high-rise apartment L¿Avenue, in front of the Bell Centre (available in French only)
- Date Modified: