Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fishing masters and officers manage and operate saltwater and freshwater fishing vessels greater than 100 gross tonnes to pursue and land fish and other marine life. They are employed by establishments engaged in operating commercial fishing vessels.
captain, fishing vessel, captain, offshore fishing vessel, deck officer, fishing vessel, first mate, fishing vessel, fishing master, master, fishing vessel, mate, fishing vessel, trawler captain.
- Command fishing vessel to catch fish and other marine life
- Determine areas for fishing, plot courses and compute navigational positions using compass, charts, tables and other aids
- Steer vessels and operate navigational instruments and electronic fishing aids such as colour and paper sounders
- Direct fishing operations and supervise crew activities
- Record fishing progress, crew activities, weather and sea conditions on ship's log
- Select and train vessel crews.
Jobs for Fishing Masters and Officers in Montréal Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Montréal Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: