Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse operators and managers plan, organize, direct and control the activities of nursery and greenhouse staff who grow and market trees, shrubs, flowers and plants.
Christmas tree farm operator, flower grower, greenhouse farmer, greenhouse manager, greenhouse operator, nursery farmer, nursery manager, nursery operator, plant grower – nursery.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of nurseries and greenhouses
- Establish the environmental conditions required to grow trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and design planting and care schedules accordingly
- Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
- Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock
- Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
- Develop marketing plans
- Provide information to customers on gardening and on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- Order materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse related accessories
- Hire and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Maintain records on stock, finances and personnel.
Outlook & Prospects for Nursery and Greenhouse Operators and Managers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-29|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Montreal region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
- Date Modified: