Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-29|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Montreal region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- H¿pital Sainte-Justine in Montr¿al has announced its recruiting campaign in several departments (medical, administrative, as well as psychological and social assistance). Dozens of positions must also be staffed in pediatric critical care. (available in French only)
- Real estate developer Groupe Dargis will convert a former building into condominiums in Montr¿al. A 2-phase project, Project B-Loft involves the construction of 72 housing units by 2015. (available in French only)
- The Qu¿bec government has announced the construction of a building on part of Montr¿al's ¿lot Voyageur. This $246M project will create 200 jobs during its construction and bring approximately 2,500 Revenu Qu¿bec employees together under one roof. (available in French only)
- Luxury retailer Holt Renfrew will be moving into its new location at the Ogilvy store in Montr¿al. This $60M expansion project will begin in fall 2014 and end in late 2017. (available in French only)
- Oil company Suncor Energy has announced a $220M investment in Montr¿al to refine oil from Alberta. This project is part of a major expenditures program, set to begin in 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new residential project is underway in Montr¿al's Pointe-aux-Trembles borough. The Pointe-Est project comprises 438 condo-style housing units and 27 townhomes. (available in French only)
- The provincial government and the Nova Bus company are introducing the Cit¿ Mobile project in Montr¿al. This 3-year pilot project, valued at $12M, will procure three electric buses that use a one-of-a-kind recharging method. (available in French only)
- Yellow Pages Group, a subsidiary of Yellow Media is announcing the elimination of 300 positions in Montr¿al between late 2013 and early 2014. This restructuring will affect the print media division as well as support positions. (available in French only)
- A $14M investment of the Molson Coors brewery in Montr¿al will be invested into its distribution centre. This measure aims to automatize its order picking preparation process. (available in French only)
- Thursdays bistro, located in downtown Montréal, will be reopening in February 2014, following its closure in September 2012. Approximately 100 persons will be hired. (available in French only)
- Food retailer Provigo will be opening a store in downtown Montréal, in the new high-rise apartment L¿Avenue, in front of the Bell Centre (available in French only)
- Date Modified: