Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Gas fitters install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators, heating units and appliances in residential, commercial and industrial establishments. They are employed by gas utility companies and gas servicing companies.
- Study drawings and specifications to determine the layout of the installation and materials required
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Install and maintain gas meters and regulators and gas lines between gas unit and gas meter
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components, such as burners, valves and automatic controls
- Repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
- Test and replace defective equipment or components
- Test and adjust control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices
- Attend to gas escape calls and assist in the investigation of gas fires and explosions
- Prepare reports on work performed and condition of facilities
- Advise clients regarding standards, safety features and maintenance of gas units and system
- Convert motor vehicles or appliances to use natural gas fuels.
Wages for Gas Fitters in Montréal Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: