Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Actors and comedians perform roles in motion picture, television, theatre and radio productions to entertain a variety of audiences. They are employed by motion picture, television, theatre and other production companies. This unit group includes acting teachers employed by private acting schools.
- Study and rehearse lines, gestures and expressions to interpret a role
- Portray roles in video or motion picture productions, television shows, theatre productions, radio dramas, commercials and other productions or perform the narration
- Sing or dance as required by specific roles
- Perform comedy acts in nightclubs alone or as members of comedy troupes
- Improvise a role.
- Train students in interpretation of scripts, speech, movement, and dramatic theory
- Prepare acting students for specific auditions and performances.
Outlook & Prospects for Actors and Comedians in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-21|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 14 - Jan 18, 2013
- Cirque de Soleil has announced the loss of approximately 400 positions following an operational reorganization. More than half of the positions cut will be at the head office in Montréal. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: