Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
agricultural products inspector, crop certification inspector, dairy products inspector, fish inspector, fish products inspector, fruit and vegetables inspector, grain inspector, livestock inspector, meat inspector, plant protection inspector, poultry inspector, supervisor, agricultural products inspection, supervisor, fish products inspection.
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Wages for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Montréal Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: