Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Letter carriers sort and deliver mail, record delivery of registered mail and collect money for cash-on-delivery parcels. Letter carriers are employed by Canada Post Corporation.
- Organize mail by address and load into mailbag
- Deliver letters, small parcels and other printed matter along established routes
- Deliver telegrams, special delivery and express mail
- Collect payment for cash-on-delivery service
- Record delivery of registered mail
- Leave notices that items could not be delivered and the location where they can be picked up
- Return undeliverable mail to postal station.
Outlook & Prospects for Letter Carriers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The provincial government and the Nova Bus company are introducing the Cit¿ Mobile project in Montr¿al. This 3-year pilot project, valued at $12M, will procure three electric buses that use a one-of-a-kind recharging method. (available in French only)
- Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) announces that it will be abolishing approximately 30 positions in the Montréal region by the end of 2013 (available in French only)
- Transporter Air Transat, based out of Montréal, will announce the abolishment of nearly a dozen positions due to the company's structural reorganization (available in French only)
- Kelly Aviation, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, will hire 100 workers by the end of 2013, after they repurchased the Aveos aircraft engine maintenance workshop in Montréal (available in French only)
- Date Modified: