Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accounting and related clerks calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
accounting clerk, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, audit clerk, billing clerk, budget clerk, costing clerk, deposit clerk, finance clerk, freight-rate clerk, income tax return preparer, invoice clerk, ledger clerk, tax clerk.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepare period or cost statements or reports
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
Outlook & Prospects for Accounting and Related Clerks in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012-2014 forecast period, the employment outlook in the Montréal region is Good for this occupation. The majority of openings will arise through retirements and, to a lesser extent, job creation.
Employment in this occupation has been rising slightly in recent years. Even though the duties of this occupation are becoming increasingly automated, the favourable outlook for the industries in which accounting and related clerks work means that the number of jobs in this occupational group should increase over the 2012-2014 forecast horizon.
Workers in this occupational group are primarily employed in retail trade; professional, scientific and technical services; manufacturing; wholesale trade; finance and insurance; real estate and rental and leasing; transportation and warehousing; and information, culture and recreation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Real estate developer Groupe Dargis will convert a former building into condominiums in Montr¿al. A 2-phase project, Project B-Loft involves the construction of 72 housing units by 2015. (available in French only)
- The Qu¿bec government has announced the construction of a building on part of Montr¿al's ¿lot Voyageur. This $246M project will create 200 jobs during its construction and bring approximately 2,500 Revenu Qu¿bec employees together under one roof. (available in French only)
- Luxury retailer Holt Renfrew will be moving into its new location at the Ogilvy store in Montr¿al. This $60M expansion project will begin in fall 2014 and end in late 2017. (available in French only)
- Oil company Suncor Energy has announced a $220M investment in Montr¿al to refine oil from Alberta. This project is part of a major expenditures program, set to begin in 2014. (available in French only)
- Construction of a new residential project is underway in Montr¿al's Pointe-aux-Trembles borough. The Pointe-Est project comprises 438 condo-style housing units and 27 townhomes. (available in French only)
- The provincial government and the Nova Bus company are introducing the Cit¿ Mobile project in Montr¿al. This 3-year pilot project, valued at $12M, will procure three electric buses that use a one-of-a-kind recharging method. (available in French only)
- A $14M investment of the Molson Coors brewery in Montr¿al will be invested into its distribution centre. This measure aims to automatize its order picking preparation process. (available in French only)
- Food retailer Provigo will be opening a store in downtown Montréal, in the new high-rise apartment L¿Avenue, in front of the Bell Centre (available in French only)
- APAC Customer Services, Inc., a company that specializes in managing business process outsourcing services, is recruiting. The company will be hiring 76 employees at its Montréal service centre by the end of 2013. (available in French only)
- Ville de Montréal invested $12.9 million to build an indoor pool in the Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough. It is slated to open in February 2014. (available in French only)
- The Blue Water Seafoods fish and seafood production plant, located in the Lachine borough, will be closing in June 2014, due to restructuring. This measure will cause the loss of 124 jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: