Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accounting and related clerks calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
accounting clerk, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, audit clerk, billing clerk, budget clerk, costing clerk, deposit clerk, finance clerk, freight-rate clerk, income tax return preparer, invoice clerk, ledger clerk, tax clerk.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepare period or cost statements or reports
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
Wages for Accounting and Related Clerks in Montréal Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Montréal Region||12.00||16.85||26.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: