Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Mail, Postal and Related Clerks</i> (1461), <i>Letter Carriers</i> (1462) and <i>Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors</i> (1463). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
courier service supervisor, letter carriers supervisor, mail and postal clerks supervisor, mail room supervisor, messenger service supervisor, postal station supervisor, postmaster/mistress.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The provincial government and the Nova Bus company are introducing the Cit¿ Mobile project in Montr¿al. This 3-year pilot project, valued at $12M, will procure three electric buses that use a one-of-a-kind recharging method. (available in French only)
- Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) announces that it will be abolishing approximately 30 positions in the Montréal region by the end of 2013 (available in French only)
- Transporter Air Transat, based out of Montréal, will announce the abolishment of nearly a dozen positions due to the company's structural reorganization (available in French only)
- Kelly Aviation, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, will hire 100 workers by the end of 2013, after they repurchased the Aveos aircraft engine maintenance workshop in Montréal (available in French only)
- Date Modified: