Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
EDP (electronic data processing) manager, computer systems manager, data centre manager, data processing director, information systems manager, manager, data processing and systems analysis, manager, management information system (MIS), manager, software engineering, software development manager, systems development manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Outlook & Prospects for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012 -2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 21 - Oct 25, 2013
- APAC Customer Services, Inc., a company that specializes in managing business process outsourcing services, is recruiting. The company will be hiring 76 employees at its Montréal service centre by the end of 2013. (available in French only)
- Sanderling Ventures, an American investment firm, announced that it is opening the company Therillia in Montréal, thanks to a US$30M commitment. This firm¿s mission will consist of financing early-stage life sciences projects. (available in French only)
- Roland Berger, a German strategic consulting firm, announced the opening of its first Canadian office. The firm specializes in the aeronautics, metals and energy fields and expects to hire about 20 people in Montréal. (available in French only)
- Sogeclair, a French firm specializing in simulations and virtual reality for the engineering sector, will open a branch in Montréal. The company expects to hire around fifty people in the next three years. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: