Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
EDP (electronic data processing) manager, computer systems manager, data centre manager, data processing director, information systems manager, manager, data processing and systems analysis, manager, management information system (MIS), manager, software engineering, software development manager, systems development manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Outlook & Prospects for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-30|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-11-26|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Acrobate, a company specializing in the printing of textiles and promotional objects in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, has moved and created a few jobs (available in French only)
- EQMBO-Entreprises, the collegial centre of technology transfer of Cégep de Victoriaville, which specializes in wood processing of finished products, has invested $1M in an industrial finishing research laboratory (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Centre d'excellence des drones is concentrating its activities in the Alma Airport with an investment of $4.3M (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Trifluvien veterinary hospital will open on May 21 in Trois-Rivières, creating at least eight jobs (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Les Aciers Orford in Sherbrooke, which specializes in the manufacturing and installation of steel, reinforcement and welded wire, will invest $4M to expand. Thirty-some jobs will need to be filled by this summer.
- Date Modified: