Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government.
controller, director – financial services, director of accounting, finance director, financial administrator, manager, financial control, manager, financial planning and analysis, manager, internal audit services, treasurer.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
Outlook & Prospects for Financial Managers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-16|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Montreal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 26 - Aug 30, 2013
- The City of Montréal will build a municipal animal centre in the Angrignon park, which will open in September 2016. This project, estimated at $23M, will create 90 jobs. (available in French only)
- Transports Québec will be spending $26.5M in the Montréal metropolitan area in summer 2013 to add reserved lanes and new park-and-ride spaces (available in French only)
- The City of Montreal announced a $10M investment over three years to initiate its green neighbourhoods project. The project targets the greening streets and improvement to transit for citizens. (available in French only)
- MTQ invests $26M to promote public transportation in Montréal (available in French only)
- Date Modified: