Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile dyeing and finishing machine operators operate machines to bleach, dye or finish yarn, thread, cloth or textile products. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
autoclave tender – textile manufacturing, bleaching range operator, carpet drying machine tender, coater operator – textile manufacturing, dye-range operator, dyer, finishing range operator, printing operator – textile manufacturing, screen printing operator – textile manufacturing.
- Operate a variety of machines to bleach, dye, coat or finish fabric, thread, yarn or other textile products
- Set up machines for proper processing
- Mix dyes or chemicals according to established formulas
- Operate machinery to print designs onto textile products
- Examine products for defects and to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Notify supervisor or mechanic in the event of equipment malfunction.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Textile Dyeing and Finishing Machine Operators in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- A $2.5M investment has led to the opening of a fitness centre in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and created 40 jobs (available in French only)
- Granby's Plan¿te Sport has purchased new ski maintenance equipment for $250,000 and estimates a 40% increase in sharpening services (available in French only)
- Following a work conflict that lasted nearly 6 months, Kronos Canada employees in Varennes will be returning to work after reaching an agreement with management (available in French only)
- A $2M investment expanded the Viau Ford dealership in Saint-R¿mi, while consolidating 50-some jobs (available in French only)
- Two hundred layoffs are expected by the end of November at Rio Tinto Fer et Titan in Sorel-Tracy, with 50 people having already lost their jobs (available in French only)
- H¿roux-Devtek, a supplier of landing gears, has announced forty-some temporary layoffs at its Longueuil plant due to a slowdown in activities (available in French only)
- The replanning of the sterilizing service of H¿pital de Granby will require a $2.5M investment (available in French only)
- Exel, a company that specializes in logistics, is currently hiring. Its opening, scheduled for February 2014, will lead to the creation of 160 jobs in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. (available in French only)
- Michaels, an American retailer that specializes in selling art supplies, opened a store in Saint-Constant, creating approximately 60 jobs (available in French only)
- Aircraft engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney will be investing $275M in its Longueuil plant over the next 5 years. This will create 90 jobs (manufacturing technology specialists and operators) and maintain 160 other jobs. (available in French only)
- A residential project of 45 housing units, Le Bisonnière phase 4, will be built in Beauharnois. This project, evaluated at $2.9M, will be built by JP Roy Constructions. (available in French only)
- A real estate project, evaluated at $150M, is planning on building 3 malls in as many years in Vaudreuil-Dorion (available in French only)
- A $10.7M investment will enable renovations to be made and a new rink to be installed at the Sainte-Julie arena (available in French only)
- Carrefour Laplante mall, located in Iberville, is investing $2.5M for renovation works (available in French only)
- Le Domaine Le Roussillon, a retirement home comprising 127 units on 7 floors, will be built for $20M in Sainte-Catherine. Works should be completed in fall 2014. (available in French only)
- Boutique Tendance, a furniture store, opened its third store in Vaudreuil-Dorion (available in French only)
- Laiterie Chalifoux is investing $13.7 million to modernize its facilities in Sorel-Tracy, enabling 18 new jobs to be created (available in French only)
- Commission scolaire des Hautes-Rivières in Montérégie obtained $4.2 million in financial support to carry out various infrastructure renovation works on its schools in Rougemont (available in French only)
- A total investment of $230 million in the Beauharnois industrial park will enable 500 jobs to be created over three years (available in French only)
- FDC Composites, a company from Saint-Jean-sur-le-Richelieu that specializes in designing and manufacturing composite material parts, plans on doubling its sales figures this year and hiring approximately 15 persons. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: