Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes supervisors, not elsewhere classified, who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, clocks and watches, millwork, sporting goods, toys and other miscellaneous products. They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, bicycle assembly, foreman/woman, clock and watch assembly, foreman/woman, jewellery manufacturing, foreman/woman, millwork assembly, supervisor, millwork assembly, supervisor, silverware manufacturing, supervisor, sports equipment assembly, supervisor, toy manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The opening of an Apple store in the Quartier DIX30 in Brossard leads to the creation of 70 jobs (available in French only)
- Klareco, a recycling plant in Longueuil, has ceased its activities, leading to the layoff of 75 employees (available in French only)
- Target is hiring in May in Longueuil and Brossard to fill close to 100 positions for its three new stores (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Volvo St-Hyacinthe will close its doors next June 30th, which will lead to the layoff of nearly a dozen people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Next April 25, Boucherville's employment seekers will have an appointment with the food processing industry (available in French only)
- Héroux-Devtek of Saint-Hubert receives $48.9M to develop a new, less polluting landing gear (available in French only)
- Place St-Marc, a construction project housing 54 condos and located in Venise-en-Québec, has just been officially launched. The investment is estimated at $20M. (available in French only)
- Bock Équipements of Saint-Hyacinthe has stopped its activities and laid off its employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: