Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. Construction millwrights are employed by millwrighting contractors. Industrial mechanics are employed in manufacturing plants, utilities and other industrial establishments.
construction millwright, industrial mechanic, industrial mechanic apprentice, maintenance millwright, millwright, millwright apprentice, plant equipment mechanic, treatment plant maintenance mechanic.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Millwrights and Industrial Mechanics (Except Textile) in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Boréalis in Magog, which specializes in information technology, has relocated after a $2.5M investment. Construction of a new building on the same grounds is envisioned given that, in the next 5 years, 100 new employees will be hired.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Next April 25, Boucherville's employment seekers will have an appointment with the food processing industry (available in French only)
- Héroux-Devtek of Saint-Hubert receives $48.9M to develop a new, less polluting landing gear (available in French only)
- Date Modified: