Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Light duty cleaners clean the lobbies, hallways, offices and rooms of hotels, motels, resorts, hospitals, schools, office and other buildings, and private residences. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreational facilities, hospitals and other institutions, building management companies, cleaning service companies and private individuals.
cleaner, hospital cleaner, hotel cleaner, house cleaner, light duty cleaner, office cleaner, room attendant, sweeper.
- Sweep, mop, wash, wax and polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Attend to guests' requests for extra supplies
- Stock linen closet and supplies area
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Clean and disinfect public areas such as changing rooms, showers and elevators
- Disinfect operating rooms and other hospital areas
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings.
- Report and store lost and found items
- May provide basic information on facilities
- May handle complaints.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Light Duty Cleaners in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
There are strong employment levels in this occupational group, and labour demand will be high. Since there is a significant proportion of older workers, three quarters of job opportunities will arise from the need to replace retirees but, to a lesser degree, from job creation.
Nearly one third of workers are employed by cleaning service companies. Owing to the high health and safety standards in the health sector, that industry generates more than one-fifth of the jobs. Accommodation services and dry cleaning and laundry services also provide employment opportunities. However, strong seasonal unemployment is observed, particularly in the accommodation industry. High labour turnover rates also generate employment opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The caterer Un Vent de Lyon in Granby will hire approximately 50 people between now and September 2013 (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The opening of Nouvel Air 2001 in Beauharnois leads to the hiring of 6 people and its staff should double in the next two years (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Gexel telecom will shut down its call centre in Cowansville in July 2013 (available in French only)
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- Les croisières du lac Champlain have begun construction on a tourist complex valued at $10M in Venise-en-Québec that could open in the month of May 2013 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: