Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes security guards and other related workers who guard property against theft and vandalism, control access to establishments, maintain order and enforce regulations at public events and within establishments. They are employed by private security agencies, retail stores, transportation facilities, residential complexes, educational, financial and health institutions, industrial establishments, cultural establishments, and organizations throughout the private and public sectors.
airport security guard, armoured car guard, bodyguard (except police), bouncer, commissionaire, crossing guard, gate attendant – security, night watchman/woman, preboarding security guard, security guard, security officer.
- Control access to establishments, issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas
- Attend to persons with special needs
- Patrol assigned areas, on foot or in vehicles, to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism and fire
- Ensure safety of children crossing roads
- Check age identification of patrons
- Enforce regulations of an establishment to maintain order and resolve conflicts
- Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment activities
- Perform security checks of passengers and luggage at airports
- Drive and guard armoured trucks and deliver cash and valuables to banks, automated teller machines and retail establishments
- Ensure that establishment safety and emergency procedures are followed, and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies.
- Follow radio and emergency telephone procedures.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Wages for Security Guards and Related Occupations in Montérégie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Montérégie Region||10.15||14.25||20.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: