Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assist elementary and secondary school teachers and counsellors. They are employed in public and private elementary and secondary schools, special schools and treatment centres.
educational assistant, educational resources assistant, lunch room supervisor, program assistant, education, secondary school teacher's assistant, special education assistant, staff assistant, education, teacher's aide, teacher's assistant.
- Assist students with lessons under direct supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor and report to classroom teacher on student progress
- Assist in preparation of learning materials and environment
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Assist special needs students, such as those with mental or physical disabilities, with mobility, communication and personal hygiene
- Prepare classroom displays and bulletin boards
- Operate or assist teacher in operation of projectors, tape recorders and other audio-visual equipment and office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine and computer
- Carry out behaviour modification, personal development and other therapeutic programs under supervision of professionals such as special education instructors, psychologists or speech-language pathologists
- Work with special needs students using techniques such as sign language, Bliss symbols or Braille
- Monitor students during recess, at noon hour or during the day
- May assist with marking of tests and worksheets
- Assist with classroom inventory
- Assist in school library or office and perform other duties assigned by school principal.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
- Date Modified: