Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Visiting homemakers provide ongoing or short-term home support services for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption. They are employed by government, non-profit and home care agencies, or are self-employed. Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties in private households, embassies and other residential establishments. Companions provide elderly and convalescent clients with companionship and personal care in residential settings. They are employed by home care agencies or may be self-employed. Foster parents care for children or family members in their homes under the direction of a foster parent agency.
companion, foster parent, home support worker, housekeeper, personal aide, personal care attendant – home care, respite worker – home support, visiting homemaker.
- Care for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- Demonstrate infant care to new parents
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, administering medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- Perform housekeeping and other home management duties under general direction of employer
- Plan and prepare meals independently or with employer, and may serve meals
- May care for children.
- Provide elderly and convalescent clients with companionship and personal care in client's home under general direction of home care agency supervisor or family members
- Aid clients with ambulation, bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- Care for foster children, usually on an emergency or temporary basis, as family members under general direction of foster parent agency
- Consult foster parent agency supervisors for advice and when problems arise
- Administer therapeutic programs for foster children, as directed by foster agency social workers.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Wages for Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations in Montérégie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Montérégie Region||10.84||12.00||35.79||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: