Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses greet patrons and escort them to tables, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of food and beverage servers. They are employed in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges and similar establishments.
- Receive and record patrons' reservations and assign tables
- Greet patrons at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Order necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from patrons for food and beverage
- Maintain financial statements and records and ensure safe-keeping
- Prepare work schedules and payrolls
- Interview candidates for food and beverage server positions and train new employees
- May be responsible for marketing and advertising the dining establishment.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Maîtres d'hôtel and Hosts/Hostesses in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-22|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- Auberge des Gallant, located in Sainte-Marthe, is expanding by investing $7.5M to add 42 new rooms and 3 conference rooms. The project will enable 40 persons to be hired, bringing the number of employees from 40 to 80. (available in French only)
- Beginning in January 2014, a rest stop will be built on Highway 30 at Contrecoeur. It will include a Shell convenience store, Tim Hortons, and a Lebanese restaurant and, will create about 30 jobs. (available in French only)
- Jack Saloon, a country bar, has opened its doors in Quartier DIX30 in Brossard (available in French only)
- A fusion restaurant called Le Dorchester will open in stages in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (available in French only)
- Date Modified: