Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Outdoor sport and recreational guides organize and conduct trips or expeditions for sports enthusiasts, adventurers, tourists and resort guests. They are employed by private companies and resorts or may be self-employed.
canoeing guide, dude wrangler, fishing guide, hot air balloonist, hunting guide, mountain climbing guide, outfitter, rafting guide.
- Plan itinerary for trip or expedition and arrange transportation or transport individuals or group to site
- Assemble necessary equipment and supplies, such as camping gear, rafts, life jackets, fishing tackle and food
- Lead or escort individuals or groups and advise on safety and emergency measures, techniques and the use of equipment
- Provide instruction for activities such as canoeing, rafting and mountain climbing
- Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
- Provide first aid in emergency situations
- May prepare meals for group and set up camp.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The opening of an Apple store in the Quartier DIX30 in Brossard leads to the creation of 70 jobs (available in French only)
- Klareco, a recycling plant in Longueuil, has ceased its activities, leading to the layoff of 75 employees (available in French only)
- Target is hiring in May in Longueuil and Brossard to fill close to 100 positions for its three new stores (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Volvo St-Hyacinthe will close its doors next June 30th, which will lead to the layoff of nearly a dozen people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Next April 25, Boucherville's employment seekers will have an appointment with the food processing industry (available in French only)
- Héroux-Devtek of Saint-Hubert receives $48.9M to develop a new, less polluting landing gear (available in French only)
- Place St-Marc, a construction project housing 54 condos and located in Venise-en-Québec, has just been officially launched. The investment is estimated at $20M. (available in French only)
- Bock Équipements of Saint-Hyacinthe has stopped its activities and laid off its employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: