Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Light Duty Cleaners</i> (6661), <i>Specialized Cleaners</i> (6662), and <i>Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents</i> (6663). Cleaning supervisors are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
building cleaning supervisor, carpet cleaning supervisor, cleaning supervisor, head caretaker, head custodian, head janitor, window washing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Cleaning Supervisors in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2011-11-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Rouyn-Noranda, Xstrata Copper's Horne smelter has announced that it will be investing $150M in its recycling plant up to 2016, creating some 30 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The opening of Nouvel Air 2001 in Beauharnois leads to the hiring of 6 people and its staff should double in the next two years (available in French only)
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Gexel telecom will shut down its call centre in Cowansville in July 2013 (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Date Modified: