Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools. Elementary school librarians are included in this unit group.
French immersion teacher – elementary school, elementary school teacher, elementary school teacher, English as a second language, elementary school teacher, French as a second language, kindergarten teacher, librarian, elementary school, primary school teacher, remedial teacher – elementary school, special education teacher – elementary school, supply teacher – elementary school.
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May supervise teachers' aides and student teachers.
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers may specialize in such areas as special education or second language instruction.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2013-01-16|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Elementary school École Sainte-Cécile, located in the Jonquière borough of Saguenay, will expand its gymnasium at a cost of $1.65M (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Collège Ellis will invest $1.1M in the construction of a student residence in Drummondville (available in French only)
- Elementary school École C will be built at a cost of $7.2M in Drummondville's Saint-Charles-de-Drummond sector (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Due to the demographic explosion in the Laurentides, the ministère de l'Éducation du Québec has announced an investment of nearly $15M to enlarge and renovate the facilities of the CEGEP de St-Jérôme and increase its capacity (available in French only)
- The CEGEP de St-Jérôme recently opened the Neurones et papilles restaurant, part of the new Gestion d'un établissement de restauration program that will welcome about thirty students after an investment of more than $2.4M (available in French only)
- The Government of Québec has announced investments of over $59M in education in Lanaudière to build three new schools in Terrebonne, Repentigny and Saint-Thomas, and to enlarge eight others (available in French only)
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Date Modified: