Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
CAD/CAM programmer, industrial engineering technician, industrial engineering technologist, loss prevention technologist, manufacturing technician, manufacturing technologist, planning technician, plastics manufacturing technician, pulp and paper manufacturing technologist, quality assurance technologist, scheduling technician – manufacturing, textile technologist, time study analyst.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 -2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Lafarge Cement in Saint-Constant will be laying off about 60 workers on July 8, 2013 as a result of the downturn in the construction industry (available in French only)
- A park-and-ride lot estimated at between $20 and $30M will be built in Sainte-Julie. Work will begin in 2014 with completion in 2016. (available in French only)
- A&W is opening a new restaurant in Saint-Hyacinthe and creating 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The axe has fallen at the IBM plant in Bromont, which had to lay off a number of temporary employees (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Shopping centre, Place Longueuil, will be renovated for approximately $33.3M (available in French only)
- Solmax has invested $15M in an expansion project that will allow it to create 13 jobs in Varennes (available in French only)
- Ericsson will build new facilities estimated at $1.2B in Vaudreuil-Dorion (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Acrobate, a company specializing in the printing of textiles and promotional objects in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, has moved and created a few jobs (available in French only)
- Ultramar of Saint-Lambert will shut down on June 1st, leading to the layoff of 5 workers (available in French only)
- Jean Coutu has invested $190M in Varennes for the construction of a new distribution centre (available in French only)
- RBC Bank has invested $10M for a new branch in Brossard's Dix30 neighbourhood (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The caterer Un Vent de Lyon in Granby will hire approximately 50 people between now and September 2013 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: