Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscape architects conceptualize landscape designs, develop contract documents and oversee the construction of landscape development for commercial projects, office complexes, parks, golf courses and residential development. They are employed by government environmental and development agencies, landscape consulting firms and by architectural and engineering firms, or they are self-employed.
- Confer with clients to determine design needs
- Survey and assess designated sites and develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings for sites, including features such as trees, shrubs, gardens, lighting, walkways, patios, decks, benches, fences, retaining walls and fountains
- Prepare or oversee preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, models, photographs, maps, land use studies and design plans
- Estimate costs, prepare specifications and evaluate tenders for landscape construction projects
- Conduct environmental design studies, including environmental assessment, planning and the preservation and re-creation of historical sites
- Conduct community and neighbourhood physical planning studies, participate in multidisciplinary urban design studies and prepare design guidelines
- May manage and supervise landscape construction work.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Landscape Architects in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-25|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The opening of an Apple store in the Quartier DIX30 in Brossard leads to the creation of 70 jobs (available in French only)
- Klareco, a recycling plant in Longueuil, has ceased its activities, leading to the layoff of 75 employees (available in French only)
- Target is hiring in May in Longueuil and Brossard to fill close to 100 positions for its three new stores (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Volvo St-Hyacinthe will close its doors next June 30th, which will lead to the layoff of nearly a dozen people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Next April 25, Boucherville's employment seekers will have an appointment with the food processing industry (available in French only)
- Héroux-Devtek of Saint-Hubert receives $48.9M to develop a new, less polluting landing gear (available in French only)
- Place St-Marc, a construction project housing 54 condos and located in Venise-en-Québec, has just been officially launched. The investment is estimated at $20M. (available in French only)
- Bock Équipements of Saint-Hyacinthe has stopped its activities and laid off its employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: