Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Shippers and Receivers</i> (1471), <i>Storekeepers and Parts Clerks</i> (1472), <i>Production Clerks</i> (1473), <i>Purchasing and Inventory Clerks</i> (1474), <i>Dispatchers and Radio Operators</i> (1475) and <i>Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers</i> (1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
dispatch logistician, flight crew scheduling supervisor, freight forwarding logistician, head dispatcher, head shipper, inventory control supervisor, logistics supervisor – transportation, parts service supervisor, production clerks supervisor, ramp services supervisor – airport, stock control supervisor, supervisor, receiving, supply control co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montérégie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-24|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 16 - Sep 20, 2013
- The port of Valleyfield is expanding and investing $1.16M to redevelop its control station (available in French only)
- Transbordement St-Hyacinthe, a business located in the Théo-Phénix industrial park, is investing $3M into its development (available in French only)
- Ultramar of Saint-Lambert will shut down on June 1st, leading to the layoff of 5 workers (available in French only)
- Hydro Culture invests $2M in Beloeil and creates 15 new jobs (available in French only)
- Buropro buys Papeterie Expert in Saint-Hyacinthe and creates 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: