Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following minor groups: <i>Clerical Occupations, General Office Skills</i> (141), <i>Office Equipment Operators</i> (142) and <i>Administrative Support Clerks</i> (144). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
clerical supervisor, data entry supervisor, filing clerks supervisor, hospital admitting clerks supervisor, medical records unit supervisor, personnel clerks supervisor, records office supervisor, registry supervisor, supervisor, switchboard operators.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; desktop publishing; and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, General Office and Administrative Support Clerks in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Buropro buys Papeterie Expert in Saint-Hyacinthe and creates 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Boréalis in Magog, which specializes in information technology, has relocated after a $2.5M investment. Construction of a new building on the same grounds is envisioned given that, in the next 5 years, 100 new employees will be hired.
- The Ville de Lac-Mégantic has invested more than $1.3M to relocate its municipal library (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The opening of an Apple store in the Quartier DIX30 in Brossard leads to the creation of 70 jobs (available in French only)
- Klareco, a recycling plant in Longueuil, has ceased its activities, leading to the layoff of 75 employees (available in French only)
- Target is hiring in May in Longueuil and Brossard to fill close to 100 positions for its three new stores (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
- Volvo St-Hyacinthe will close its doors next June 30th, which will lead to the layoff of nearly a dozen people (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
- Date Modified: