Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.The volume of employment is high, but labour force needs will be rather moderate. Job opportunities will arise mostly from retirement.
The industries are fairly diversified, with the manufacturing sector generating about one quarter of the jobs. In the service sector, wholesale trade accounts for nearly 40% of workers, followed by the professional, scientific and technical services, which employ 11% of workers.
A high degree of mobility is required to practice this profession, and about 46% of those employed in this occupational group work on the Island of Montreal.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Buropro buys Papeterie Expert in Saint-Hyacinthe and creates 25 jobs (available in French only)
- Boréalis in Magog, which specializes in information technology, has relocated after a $2.5M investment. Construction of a new building on the same grounds is envisioned given that, in the next 5 years, 100 new employees will be hired.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Klareco, a recycling plant in Longueuil, has ceased its activities, leading to the layoff of 75 employees (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Sorel firm CNC Tracy, which manufactures parts for the hydroelectric industry and steel works, has invested $1.4M to increase its productivity and create 4 new jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new micro-brewery will be opening in Farnham in mid-July (available in French only)
- Date Modified: