Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
director, engineering research and development, electrical engineering service manager, engineering department manager, engineering manager, manager, telecommunications engineering service, production engineering manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
Longueuil, Beloeil, Contrecoeur, Granby, Huntingdon, Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Otterburn Park, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Acton Vale, Bedford, Cowansville, Farnham, Iberville, L'Île-Perrot, Marieville, Pincourt, Richelieu, Saint-Césaire, Sainte-Julie, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, Saint-Luc, Saint-Rémi, Saint-Timothée, Sorel, Tracy, Waterloo, McMasterville, Nitro, Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Val-Boisé
Outlook & Prospects for Engineering Managers in Montérégie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012 - 2014 period, job opportunities in the Monteregie region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Lafarge Cement in Saint-Constant will be laying off about 60 workers on July 8, 2013 as a result of the downturn in the construction industry (available in French only)
- A park-and-ride lot estimated at between $20 and $30M will be built in Sainte-Julie. Work will begin in 2014 with completion in 2016. (available in French only)
- A&W is opening a new restaurant in Saint-Hyacinthe and creating 35 jobs (available in French only)
- The axe has fallen at the IBM plant in Bromont, which had to lay off a number of temporary employees (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Shopping centre, Place Longueuil, will be renovated for approximately $33.3M (available in French only)
- Solmax has invested $15M in an expansion project that will allow it to create 13 jobs in Varennes (available in French only)
- Ericsson will build new facilities estimated at $1.2B in Vaudreuil-Dorion (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Acrobate, a company specializing in the printing of textiles and promotional objects in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, has moved and created a few jobs (available in French only)
- Ultramar of Saint-Lambert will shut down on June 1st, leading to the layoff of 5 workers (available in French only)
- Jean Coutu has invested $190M in Varennes for the construction of a new distribution centre (available in French only)
- RBC Bank has invested $10M for a new branch in Brossard's Dix30 neighbourhood (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The caterer Un Vent de Lyon in Granby will hire approximately 50 people between now and September 2013 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: